Microsoft Entourage is a very efficient and useful E-mail client from Microsoft, designed and created for Mac OS X operating system. This most advanced application lets you manage your precious data very effectively and safely. However, under some cases, Entourage database may become inaccessible. When you open Entourage, it takes you directly to the Database Utility for Entourage repair through rebuilding process.
As a practical and real-life example of this problem with MS Entourage application, you may run across the following scenario:
- When you start Entourage, it directly takes you to the Database Utility.
- If you select to verify the backup identity, it gives you “An error occurred” error while rebuilding.
- After the above error, when you verify and rebuild Main Identity, the process completes successfully, but it opens a blank identity.
- Every time you start MS Entourage application, it goes to the Database Utility and you get the following error:
“Entourage cannot access your data. To fix the problem rebuild your database.”
The rebuild process of Database Utility may fail due to any of the following reasons, which need Entourage database repair:
- Your Main Identity or Entourage database is too damaged to be rebuild by the Database Utility. This tool can not fix all cases of database corruption. It just makes your database accessible so that it can be exported to RGE file.
- You do not have enough free disk space on the hard drive to complete the process.
Try any of the following Entourage recovery solutions to sort out this problem:
- Try the rebuild process on a large sized hard drive.
- In case rebuild fails, use third-party software to repair and restore the damaged database.
The commercial applications are particularly designed to perform in-depth scan of whole database and extract all inaccessible data from it. Such tools help you restore all emails, notes, tasks, contacts, and other objects. They work well with Microsoft Entourage 2008 and 2004.