Microsoft Entourage, an effective and advanced E-mail client by Microsoft for Mac OS X users, comes equipped with a very useful troubleshooting tool called Database Utility. It has various troubleshooting options, which include Verify Database Integrity. This option lets you check your Entourage database against corruption. However, under some situations, your Entourage database may become inaccessible after verifying the Integrity. This situation leads to data loss and put you in need of Entourage database recovery solutions.
As a practical example of this issue with your Entourage account, consider the following scenarios:
- Entourage prompts you to verify your database integrity using Database Utility.
- You select the option and run database check. It completes with the following message-
“Your database is working correctly.”
- After the above message, you start Entourage and it fails with the following error message-
“Entourage cannot access your data. To attempt to fix the problem, rebuild your database.”
- When you rebuild the database, it does not fix the problem and all your data become inaccessible.
When it happens, all your significant data become inaccessible and you have to repair Entourage database to get your data back.
This problem usually occurs if the database is corrupted beyond the recovery possibilities of Database Utility. This tool can handle only minor corruption problems and make your database accessible for once so that you can back it up.
You can recover Entourage database in such situations using any of the following methods:
- The restore process may fail if you do not have enough free space on your hard drive. Try using external hard drive to rebuild the database.
- Restore database from the most updated backup. It is not advised to use Time Machine to backup and restore Entourage database.
- If none of the above methods work, use third-party recovery applications.
The Entourage recovery software are very effective to handle all types of database corruption scenarios. They are capable of recovering all database objects, such as mails, contacts, project files, and tasks from Entourage 2008 and 2004.