Microsoft Entourage is one of the most popular and advanced E-mail clients. It helps you effectively manage all your valuable mails, contacts, notes, and other data. The application allows you to create rules to let you move mails from specific people to specific folder or take particular action. However, under some situations, rules file may get damaged and make your data inaccessible. It leads to data loss and need Entourage repair to be fixed.
As a real life example of this particular problem with Microsoft Entourage account, you may run across the following behaviors:
- You get the following error message while starting MS Entourage application:
“The Rules file appears corrupt. Rules cannot be used.”
- You moved the Rules folder to Trash bin and restarted Entourage. The same error message comes again.
- You attempt to copy the “Main Identity” from Microsoft User Data folder, but there is more than one Identity and all of them have same label.
- You ran Database Utility and verified the database. It says that your database is corrupted.
- After verifying the Identity, when you run Rebuild process using Database Utility, it can not fix the problem.
When it happens, all your precious data becomes inaccessible. In order to sort out this issue, you need to go for Entourage database recovery solutions.
This behavior may happen because of either of the following issues:
- The rules file in Entourage is corrupted and the application is unable to read it.
- In some cases, the error message may be misleading. The corruption is actually with the database and it is unreadable by the application.
Try out the below solutions to work around this problem:
- Move the Rules folder to desktop and restart Entourage. In case you have more than on Identities, move Rules folders from all Identities to desktop. If it solves the problem, then send all the Rules folders from desktop to Trash.
- Remove the preferences files for Entourage. Corrupted preferences files can lead to this issue.
- Create a new account and check if the issue is resolved. It helps you identify whether the issue is related to database or account.
- Restore the database from most recent backup. It is the best possible resolution to such problems.
- Use third-party Entourage recovery software as a last resort.
The recovery applications handle virtually every corruption issue and effectively restore all your valuable data. They offer assured, easy, and safe recovery for all MS Entourage database objects.