Microsoft Entourage is considered as one of the most advanced and widely used personal information manager and E-mail client. This application allows you to create your personal folders for effective management of the data. It is also advised that you use personal folders for managing the information as increased size of Inbox can cause corruption and put you in need of Entourage repair solutions.
Although, creating separate folders for distributing mails is very good idea to keep the application clean, however, under some situations it can cause problems. For example, you may get the below error message while accessing data from a personal folder:
“Reading messages is not allowed for this folder”
After the above error message, all your significant mails from the folder become inaccessible. It leads to severe data loss and require Entourage database recovery solutions to be fixed.
This problem may occur due to any of the following reasons:
- Size of the folder is too big to be handled by Entourage application. Increased size of the folder can make it difficult for the application to access it.
- You do not have required permissions to access the data from selected folder. It can also be due to corrupted permissions on the folder.
- The preferences files of the Entourage application are damaged and thus application cannot read the data.
- Entourage rules or distribution lists are damaged.
- Entourage database is severely damaged and Entourage is not able to read and access the data.
This problem can be fixed using any of the below mentioned solutions:
- Remove some unwanted files from Entourage database. You can specifically remove the file that has big attachments.
- Repair the permissions to the database.
- Delete Entourage preferences restart the application. It recreates the preferences files when you restart the application.
- Rebuild Entourage database using the Database Utility. It makes the database accessible for you to export the data and then import to new Identity.
- Remove all the rules files and create new ones. Corrupted rules are the most frequent reasons of such issues.
- Use third-party recovery applications to repair and restore the damaged database.
The commercial tools are capable of extracting inaccessible data from corrupted Entourage database in all corruption scenarios. They offer simple, easy, and safe recovery of all your critical data from Entourage database.