Microsoft Office for Mac is a very popular and useful productivity suite for both home and business users. Along with a wide range of advanced features, this application suite includes a powerful tool called Database Utility. This tool helps you fix a wide range of problems with Microsoft Office and Entourage database. It can verify the database, check its integrity, and fix corruption issues with Rebuild option, without requiring Entourage repair solutions.
When Entourage cannot read the database due to some issues, it gives you an error message similar to the following one:
“Entourage cannot access your data. To try to fix the problem, rebuild database.”
However, under some situations, Database Utility cannot rebuild the database after the above error. It simply crashes and does not repair the database. In such situations, your database remains inaccessible and you face critical data loss situations.
You may encounter this problem due to any of the following reasons:
- Some Office applications are open and running. Database Utility does not work if any Office application is running.
- You have corrupted Preferences.
- You do not have enough permission to perform the desired task.
- You have a faulty User account that is not working properly.
- Entourage database is severely damaged and Database Utility is unable to handle the corruption and thus it fails.
Try out the following Entourage recovery solutions to sort out this problem:
- Close all Microsoft Office applications. If you are having trouble in closing any application, then you can restart your Mac system.
- Drag MUD or Microsoft User Data folder to desktop from Documents. Open any Office application after that to see if the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, then move your data back to MUD folder.
- Check if you have all the required permissions to use Database Utility and Rebuild the entourage database. Try logging in as Administrator to check the problem.
- Use Disk Utility and run Repair Permissions to fix permission related problems.
- Create a new user and check if the problem is repeated. If it fixes the issue, then your problem is related to the user account.
- Restore the database from backup as it is too corrupted to be repaired using the Database Utility tool.
In case backup is not available, you have to opt for third-party recovery applications. Such tools are capable of effectively handling all database corruption issues and restoring your significant data. They offer safe, quick, simple, and absolute recovery to restore all the database objects.