Microsoft Entourage is one of the most advanced and popular E-mail client from Microsoft for Mac OS X users. It is packed with a wide range of features, which include its synchronization features with various applications and devices, including iCal and Apple iPhone. However, under some situations, you may find that synchronization is not working properly and you may even notice some lost data. In such critical situations, you have to go for Entourage recovery solutions to extract lost data.
Consider the following situations, which you may encounter while working on Entourage, to fully understand the problem:
- When you sync your Entourage data with iCal, iPhone, and other devices, you occasionally face issues, such lost contacts, incorrect calendar entries, and lost mails.
- Most of the times, such issues are fixed by resetting the Entourage preferences or rebuilding MS Entourage database.
- However, now the issues are not getting fixed using the solutions that used to work for you.
- You have removed all the entries in address book and then imported the same from Entourage, using CSV file. This option also fails to fix the problem.
When it happens, you lose access to your significant data and come across critical data loss situations. At this point in time, it becomes essential to perform Entourage database recovery using appropriate tools.
In order to sort out this problem, first of all you need to eliminate the database corruption that is causing sync issues:
- Turn the Sync Services off in Entourage.
- Export all your contacts and calendar entries to RGE file, using Export option under File menu.
- Create new Entourage Identity and skip setup process.
- Import RGE file to Entourage and Turn on the sync services.
- Restart your system in safe mode and then restart in normal mode.
If it works, then you can import all your data to new Identity. If the above method fails, then try removing the Entourage preferences.
In case you do not find the issue with your Identity, then you can try creating a new user and then importing the data to new user. It can be caused by faulty user.
As a last resort to this problem, you can use third-party recovery applications. Such tools help you fix all corruption issues with the database.