Like other E-mail clients and personal information management application, Microsoft Entourage provides you an option to create personal folders. It helps you effectively manage your significant information. This feature also ensures database reliability as increased size of Inbox may cause application crash and data loss. However, sometimes you may find that the folder list is not visible. This issue may occur due to corruption to the database and needs Entourage repair solutions to be sorted out.
You can demonstrate this problem by considering the below mentioned scenarios that usually occurs while accessing your Entourage data:
- Entourage does not display the list of public folders.
- You moved the Entourage preferences files to desktop and restarted the application.
- The same problem continued even after that and you observed that some preferences files are missing.
- When you go to View menu and click Show Folder List, the list is displayed.
- Created a new user account, but the behavior of the application is not changed.
When this problem takes place, you may lose access to your significant data. It can lead to severe data loss and you have to use efficient Entourage database recovery methods to get your data back.
The problem may occur due to any of the following reasons:
- The public folders have been deleted accidentally from the database.
- Entourage preferences files are corrupted and thus application is unable to get the folder list.
- Entourage database is damaged and the application is unable to read the data and present the folder list.
In order to sort out this issue, you are required to go through the below steps:
- Log into the OWA or Online Web Access account through web browser to see if the folders are there.
- Remove all the Office preferences files and restarts your system.
- Repair the disk permissions using Disk Utility. It resolves various disk related problems.
- Rebuild the database using the Database Utility tool. It repair and restores the corrupted database.
If the above methods fail to work around the problem, then you have to opt for third-party recovery applications. Such tools work in all corruption situations and restore all damaged data safely.